We manufacture a array of carbon heating elements, primarily focused on the building construction materials for both internal and external use across a broad range of applications, including: external heat, internal radiant floors, counter heat, ice-melt/anti ice dams. We have partnered with companies that provide quality indoor/outdoor flooring products as portable heat, designed to provide axillary area comfort in homes, as well, dog runs and pet areas. While there are some market specific products, our core product ranges, being heat film, which are used for radiant floor heat. The performance of our product is touted for the number variety of types of flooring that it works well under, providing reliable even heat that requires no maintenance once installed. We continue to work with alliance partnerships to engage the maximum performance of our products in otherwise traditionally considered difficult solutions. These alliances include insulated floor underlayments designed to bring efficiencies to our applications over concrete and exposed areas that would expose the material to any form of heatsink sub-floor, readily available and sold across all of the markets in which we operate.
Products Used in External Applications
Carbon Element Heat Wire
We developed a proprietary technology platform that enables us to produce a new technology wire heat that incorporates our carbon PTC elements, for use in heating asphalt, and may incorporated in designed concrete products. Our “Carbon composite wire” is a long-sought solution to both new construction as well as re-fit solutions. Further, we believe that this line of products provides certain performance, design and cost advantages, while offering lower operationally running cost.
Performance and design advantages:
- Our Carbon Heating Element Wire products exhibit resistance to the damaging effects of the hot installation of fresh batched asphalt, another innovation that has been an allusive solution to both driveways and bridge decks that have been subject to “Black Icing” due moisture condensation on road surfaces.
- Competing products do not duplicate characteristics necessary for effectively accepting heat applications, due to being able to run even heat at lower temperatures, with lower energy draws.
Advantages of Heat Film vs Other Heat Options
- Our thin (less that 1/16th of an inch) products provide the ability to not add to deck-height, and perform to comfort needs, due to the combination of our resistive-heat and the FAR-Infrared qualities, warming the objects in area. Important factor is that in both indoor and outdoor applications in anti-icing, or passive heat once the materials surrounding our materials absorb and radiate back the heat upon coming to desired temperature.
- The surface properties of our heat film provide a tough effective surface that is water proof and holds up to construction traffic without affecting the performance of the materials. This is particularly important when the coordination between the installation of our heat element film, and the following installation of whatever flooring material specified. Essentially, allowing for greater periods of time between installation of our materials and the completion of the flooring without fear of compromising our materials.
- Compared to hydronic systems wherein they require substantial demands for the construction timeline, and elimination of the added space in deck-height, and area to house the mechanical units. No fear of breaking pipes, freeze damage should there be an extended power-outage. The time and extra materials required for hydronic systems, as well as the annual maintenance, and eventual replacement of the system’s heat source, pumps and inherent issues of pipe breaks, when al things considered is an expensive proposition well beyond that of our products. Carbonic Heat Elements are lightweight, physically flexible and can be cut using readily available tools, making our products more appealing across a broad range of architectural styles, be it going over backer-board, concrete or wood decking construction.
- Wire Heat systems are always in peril of the potential of breaking a wire and disabling the system.
- Wire heat systems as radiant floor heat are limited to the types of flooring that can be placed over it, in that the heating elements run at 120 to 140 degrees, and are spaced inches apart, causing a hot/cool environment that causes the surface to expand with the heat, not recommended for wood products.
- Wire systems also require an increased deck height 8 to 10 times that of Carbonic Heat film.
- These added steps and hand applied materials increase cost of construction in time and materials.
We believe the benefits associated with our Carbon Element products have enabled us to gain a competitive advantage over all other competing products. That coupled with better comfort at lower temperatures and energy draws, makes us the all in, all things considered the best choice in radiant heat.
Our Products Versus Traditional Forced Air Applications
Compared to traditional heating systems, such as forced air wherein the heat is generated by gas or electricity, it is reliant on heating the air that heats the objects in the room, and always hotter at the ceiling than at the floor. CarbonicHeat, is warmer at the floor and not wasted in areas that do not require heat, particularly high ceilings.